“I was sick of court,” he said, alleging, “Somehow, they magically convinced me to take this damn plea deal.”
E! News has attempted to locate Jake’s plea and arrest warrant from the 2023 case, and previously reached out to his lawyers regarding Emmanuel’s case but has not yet heard back.
As for his wife Rebecca, Jake also insisted the 41-year-old is innocent.
“The media is killing her,” he said. “She is a beautiful woman. She loves her children.”
Even so, Jake admitted he understands the scrutiny he and his wife are under.
“The allegations are horrendous, so of course people are going to be riled up,” he said. “God is with us.”
If there was one thing Jake could say to his 7-month-old, he said, “I love you, buddy.”
In a statement to the Orange County Register, the San Bernardino sheriff’s department declined to comment on Jake’s interview.
“We are not going to comment on statements made by the suspect,” the statement read. “Nor provide any details about the investigation.”
While Rebecca is currently being held at Robert Presley Detention Center, she similarly echoed her husband’s sentiment.
“I will not give up,” she told a reporter from the Southern California News Group, per its publication the Press-Enterprise Aug. 25. “I want to be out looking for my baby.”
For a deeper look into the case, keep reading…
Source link
Add Comment